COWAL-FEST REVIEW SPECIAL WITH FRLLY AND ARGYLL COUNTRY FOLK
Written by DCR on 04/10/2016
As the 14th annual event gets ready to start this Friday 7th October Frlly goes live today bringing you up todate with all the latest news ,gossip and everything you need to know.
Many of you will have attended the fabulous Kelpie Maquettes “Light Up” last weekend on the Historic recently refurbished Victorian Pier organised by Cowal-Fest Argyll 2016.
This Saturday the 8th October, jointly with Dunoon Presents and the Dunoon Ultra Marathon, Cowal-Fest Argyll 2016 will have it’s Opening Day at the Dunoon Historic Pier. Cowal-Fest people will be there along with other outdoor and walking groups and healthy event partners ; Living It Up and Arthritis Care Scotland.
CowalFest is primarily an Outdoor Walking Festival but there are many more attractions for history and nature lovers, families and groups – and Cowal-Fest Argyll 2016 have outdoor activities and horse riding as well.
In addition to the nearly 40 Walks of all grades in the Countryside section – including Nordic Walking and a special walk and tour of the Kilfinnan Community Forest in Tighnabruich – Cowal-Fest Argyll 2016 have:
- Ten Health events: Tai Chi, an introduction to ChiWalking and health walks in partnership with Arthritis Care Scotland – the latter is especially good if you are less able or not as fit as you’d like to be. You don’t have to have arthritis to join in!
- More than a dozen Heritage Walks/Talks throughout the Cowal peninsula
- Seven Family Events
- Six days of Horse Riding treks with Wilder Ways Riding in our Outdoor section
- Also in Outdoor see our Ardentinny day. A day of Archery, Orienteering, Abseiling and climbing at Ardentinny plus canoeing on Loch Eck with the Ardentinny Outdoor Education Centre
- In Culture and Food – Eleven social/evening events
- Join in all the events with the Living It Up Challenge
YOU CAN ALSO KEEP UP TO DATE BY VISITING : www.cowalfest.org